My Erewash


You are currently able to access your Council Tax and Housing Benefit/Council Tax Support details online. If you are already registered and have a username and password please select Existing Users Log In below.

If you are using this service for the first time please select Register for Online Services.


Existing Users Log In   Register for Online Services



Armed Forces Covenant

Our Committment to the Armed Forces

Erewash Borough Council has signed up to the community covenant and Councillor John Sewell is our Armed Forces Covenant 'Champion', making sure we achieve our committment to serving personnel, veterans and their families.

The links between the Sherwood Foresters, now part of the Mercian Regiment were celebrated by giving the regiment the Freedom of the Borough in 2008.  The Ilkeston branch of the Worcester and Sherwood Foresters Association closes at the end of November 2016 and their historic standard and other historic records are to be donated to the Erewash Museum as part of their War Room exhibition.

NHS support for veterans and service personnel approaching discharge.

NHS England has launched a brand new mental health service which has been specially tailored to support and treat ex-armed forces veterans and service personnel who are approaching discharge.

The newly commissioned service, known officially as the NHS transition, intervention and liaison (TIL) veterans’ mental health service, will act as a front door to a range of mental health services across the health and care system for 17,500 people over the next three years.

Different levels of specialist treatment, support and healthcare experts will be available and on hand – ensuring those who proudly serve and put their lives on the line for their country, get the care they deserve, as quickly as possible – all of the time.

Available across England, service personnel approaching discharge and veterans will be able to either self-refer or request referral via their GP or mental health provider or through a military charity like Combat Stress, the Royal British Legion, Help for Heroes and SSAFA. An initial face to face assessment will be offered within a fortnight and where appropriate, a clinical appointment two weeks later.

The Forces Help to Buy Scheme

Service personnel can get help with buying a home.  The Forces Help to Buy scheme has been extended to 2018.

HM Forces Railcard - Find out if you are eligible .

Erewash Borough Council Leisure discount

Active Service members are eligible for a discount card that typically halves the cost of using Leisure facilities.

Service Pupil Premium

If you have a child in a state school, the school can claim £300 Service Pupil Premium, to support your child.  This premium is for children of currently serving service personnel, for those who have had a service parent who has died in service and also those who have left including through injury for up to a maximum of six years. To claim the school must have details that the child meets the qualifying criteria at the point the school completes the school census in January. 

Job Centre Plus - Armed Forces Champion

The Department for Work & Pension has an armed forces champion in every Jobcentre Plus district who ensures that they provide support that meets the needs of the armed forces community.  Ask the member of staff who you are dealing with to speak to the Armed Forces Champion.

For information about the grants scheme linked to the Armed Forces Covenant click hereThis £10million per year programme helps fund projects that support members of our armed forces community, whether serving personnel, reservists, verterans, family members or the bereaved.


Other information

For information about  the Armed Forces Covenant click here or GOV.UKThe Armed Forces Covenant Annual Report for 2016 is available here.

The Royal British Legion - there are local branches in Ilkeston and Long Eaton.  Advice and support are available on the website  or call 0808 802 8080. 

Poppy Calls Maintenance Services

The Royal British Legion helps people of all ages and backgrounds.  To be eligible for help, you must have served in the forces for at least 7 days, or be the dependant of someone who has served.

The Poppy Calls service aims to help give veterans and members of the ex-service community the freedom to stay independent in their own homes.  Poppy Calls offers help with those awkward jobs around the house, such as minor repairs, or fitting of essential devices such as smoke detectors and community care alarms.  A legion ‘handyman’ or ‘fitter’ is on call in several areas across the county to provide necessary assistance and practical advice.  For more information about the service call 0800 032 0306.

Members have voted to support the Royal British Legion's "Count them in" campaign.  This campaign seeks to add questions to the 2021 Census to improve our knowledge of our armed forces community.

SSAFA - have a branch in Derbyshire , call 01773 828 116 or call the Helpline on 0800 731 4880.

Help for Heroes -

 Looking for somewhere to live? Please note that the council no longer owns any homes that you can rent.

EMH Homes - provider of houses for rent and shared ownership in the East Midlands, including over 5,000 homes in the borough.

Home Options - information about homes for rent from councils and housing associations in Derbyshire.  Erewash Borough Council is part of the Derbyshire Home-options Partnership.  The shared allocation policy can be seen here.   Go to page 31 of the policy to see what additional preferences are available to groups who have an armed forces connection, where they have an urgent housing need.  The policy also explains what is meant by "Local Connection", which is often one of the criteria applied to an application for housing in a district.

Red Rose Housing - a Nottingham based charity.  If you have served in the UK Armed Forces and are homeless, or you fear you could become homeless in the near future, and you are in need of support follow the link or call them on 0115 9648334.

Own your Home - For information about owning your own home and the schemes that exisit to help you buy a home.

The Council can give you advise about housing and help prevent you from becoming homeless.  If you need to talk to someone at the council about being homeless , contact us as soon as you can 0115 9072244 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Forces in the Community  - A Beeston based charity, with a drop in centre.  They state that they are "committed to supporting ex-service personnel and their families to reach their full potential. The charity delivers tailored employment guidance, housing advice, mental health support and provides a supportive environment in which to develop."

Combat Stress - The Veterans' Mental Health Charity.

Direct Help & Advice - An organisation that provides specialist housing and debt advice and have offices in Ilkeston.

Please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if there is any additional information that we can add to this page, that will be of use to members of the armed forces community, whether serving, a reservist, formerly serving member or a member of an armed service family.


Saturday, 1 July

75th Anniversary of the loss of the Wellington Bomber W5795.  Service to be held at St Andrew's Church, Stanley Village.

Buxton Military Tattoo, 6pm at the Dome, Devonshire Road, Buxton SK17 6RY.

98th Annual Regimental Assocication Dinner, Welbeck Hall, West Bridgford, Nottinghamshire.

Sunday, 2 July

Annual Pilgrimage to Crich with the Mercian Regiment