Local Nature Reserves were among some of the first local authority sites in the county.
We now have nine sites with Local Nature Reserve status and management plans:
- Forbes Hole, off Fields Farm Road, Long Eaton
- Pioneer Meadows, off Wirksworth Road, Kirk Hallam
- Stoney Clouds, off Church Street, Sandiacre
- Fox Covert, West Park, Long Eaton
- Trowell Marsh, Hallam Fields, Ilkeston
- Stanton Gate, off Moorbridge Lane, Stanton by Dale
- Manor Farm, Nottingham Road, Long Eaton
- Manor Floods, Ilkeston
- Straw's Bridge, West Hallam (For further information on Straw's Bridge visit Friends of Straw's Bridge)
- Straw's Bridge Biodiversity Audit Management Plan
Each site contains and conserves particular features unique to the area.
In addition there are three Local Nature Reserves sites not in Erewash Borough Council's ownership located at:
In addition to the formal Nature Reserves we have a host of other countryside sites offering tranquil havens away from everyday life:
- Trent Meadows, Meadow Lane, Long Eaton
- Bennerley Woodland, off Bridge Street, Cotmanhay
- Orchid Wood, Sawley Road, Church Wilne.
You can contact us by:
Tel: 0115 907 2244
Pride-line : 0115 850 8383 (24 hours confidential hotline).
For out of hours emergencies please call 0115 907 2244.