My Erewash


You are currently able to access your Council Tax and Housing Benefit/Council Tax Support details online. If you are already registered and have a username and password please select Existing Users Log In below.

If you are using this service for the first time please select Register for Online Services.


Existing Users Log In   Register for Online Services



Food premises approval

All food premises need to be registered unless you operate a food premises that handles food of animal origin that is supplied on to another business. In this case you may need to be approved by Erewash Borough Council or the Food Standards Agency rather than registered.

Visit our Food premises registration page for more details of what needs to be registered. 

Formal approval is generally needed for manufacturers of products of animal origin, such as dairies, meat product manufacturers or wholesale fish markets. These types of premises are required by European Community Directive 853/2004 to be approved and generally their products must display a health mark or be accompanied by a health certificate. Each local authority in the country (and places across the EU) has a unique code which ensures that the origin of the food can always be established.

Once approved, details of the premises together with information relating to types of foods produced are forwarded to Food Standards Agency to be kept on a central EU register.

Approval is required before starting the business and must be applied for well in advance of your proposed start date. You are advised to contact us for advice prior to completing the application form.

If you are uncertain whether your business needs to be approved or registered, contact us via the details below.

Apply Online

Contact Us

Environmental Health
Merlin House
Merlin Way
Tel: 0115 907 2244 ext 3820
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.