My Erewash


You are currently able to access your Council Tax and Housing Benefit/Council Tax Support details online. If you are already registered and have a username and password please select Existing Users Log In below.

If you are using this service for the first time please select Register for Online Services.


Existing Users Log In   Register for Online Services



Food premises registration

It is a legal requirement to register a business establishment used for a food premises (including market stalls, delivery vehicles and other moveable structures). Registration allows us to keep an up-to-date list of all those premises in our area so that we can visit them when we need to.

If you run a food business establishment, you must tell (or arrange for someone else to tell) us about any premises you use for storing, selling, distributing or preparing food. Food premises includes restaurants, hotels, cafes, shops, supermarkets, staff canteens, kitchens in offices, warehouses, guest houses, delivery vehicles, market and other stalls, hot dog and ice cream vans etc. In the case of a mobile food vehicle that is not part of a permanent food premises, registration must be with the local authority in whose area the vehicle is stored. Information is also given in our Mobile Outdoor Catering Guide [PDF 129KB].

You can download a Food Premises Registration Form [PDF 38 KB] to complete and return or apply online (see below).

For a new food business you should send a signed form at least 28 days before the business is due to open. However, please do not send a registration form to the Council until you know for certain that you are going to start your business. 

If taking over an existing food business, the form should be sent within 28 days of the changes happening. If practicable we would also welcome written confirmation from the previous owners that they are no longer operating the business.

Advice on setting up a food business is available in the Food Standards Agency publication Starting Up: Your first steps to running a catering business [external link to PDF].

Online Applications

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though you are registered as there is no requirement for an inspection by the Council before you start trading.

Premises That Need Approval

If you operate a food premises that handles food of animal origin that is supplied on to another business, you may need to be approved. Approval will be required before starting the business and must be applied for well in advance of your proposed start date. Link to Food premises approval page

Next Steps

Once you have started your business an Officer will undertake a food hygiene inspection however you do not have to wait for the inspection to start operating.  At the inspection the officer will provide you with specific advice and information regarding your business.  You will also be given a reasonable timescale to undertake any necessary improvements to meet legislative requirements.

Contact us

Environmental Health
Merlin House
Merlin Way
Tel: 0115 907 2244 ext 3820
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

For a copy of the food business register, please contact us at the above address. A fee will be payable.