Green recycling bags for the collection of kerbside recyclable materials may be obtained free of charge from the Town Hall at Long Eaton or Ilkeston, Shopmobility in Long Eaton or Ilkeston or by calling our customer service advisors on 0115 9072244
Blue bins/green recycling bags should be placed out for collection on the same day as your brown bin, your black household bin is collected the following week. If you use green bags you may wish to leave a plastic bottle filled with water or sand for the crew to secure the bags, so that they do not blow away when emptied.
If you decide to purchase a blue bin, you can of course still use green bags to place out extra recyclable material for collection.
The cost of a 140 litre blue bin is £26.10, or for a 240 litre blue bin the cost is £28.15. Please see the Terms & Conditions.
We will usually take no more than 28 days to deliver your bin, often it is sooner. If for any reason it is going to take longer we will keep you informed.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of having a blue bin and please remember that if you move address within the borough to let us know if you are taking the bin with you so that we update our records to show that your blue bin needs to be emptied at the new address as not every address has a blue bin collection. If you use a blue bin that has not been purchased from us we will not empty it.
Pledge to recycle one more bottle a week to be in with a chance of winning a limited edition phone case designed by Abigail Ahern. Please go to http://www.pledge4plastics.co.uk/ for more details on how you can help us to stop 14 million plastic bottles going to landfill every day!
What can be recycled in your blue bin/green bags?
- Plastic bottles and tubs including milk bottles, pop bottles, water bottles, cleaning and beauty product bottles, plastic tops from bottles, margarine tubs, butter tubs, soft cheese tubs, yoghurt pots, cream pots, ready meal food trays, empty carrier bags (please tie in a knot). Please click here for explanation of plastic types
- Food and drink cans - Food cans, drinks cans, clean foil, foil food dishes, tops from jars & bottles, aerosol cans (empty)
- Paper - Newspapers, magazines, junk mail, greetings cards, envelopes, wrapping paper, yellow pages, telephone directories, paperback books, writing paper, printing paper, shredded paper
- Cardboard - Cardboard and corrugated boxes, cereal and washing powder boxes,food or drink cartons, foil lined food or drink cartons and egg boxes
- Glass - Glass bottles and jars of all colours. (please remove the lids and place them separately in the blue bins/recycling bags.)
Please carry out the following when recycling the above items
- Ensure that all plastic, food cans, and glass bottles/jars are empty and clean by rinsing
- Ensure that carrier bags are empty and tied in a knot
- Wash all food cans and food dishes.
Please do not put the following items into your green recycling bags or blue recycling bin:
- Textiles, shoes or clothes (may be recycled at one of our recycling sites around the Borough or taken to a charity shop)
- Food waste (this can go in ether the black bin or placed in a composter)
- Garden waste (this should be placed in the brown garden waste bin or a composter)
- Toys( these can be taken to a charity shop or sold on the internet)
- Nappies, pet waste, bubble wrap, wood, polystyrene & polystyrene food trays, building rubble, plaster or bricks, cigarette ends, broken crockery or recycling in black bin liners
Related Links and Attachments