My Erewash


You are currently able to access your Council Tax and Housing Benefit/Council Tax Support details online. If you are already registered and have a username and password please select Existing Users Log In below.

If you are using this service for the first time please select Register for Online Services.


Existing Users Log In   Register for Online Services




Noise Pollution

Noise can reduce the quality of life for some people.

It is a fact of life that we all do things which can have an impact on our neighbours and on the quality of the local environment. Whether we are playing music, carrying out DIY or own a dog which constantly barks, consideration and awareness are the key to making sure your actions are not a problem for others.

What can I do?

If you are concerned about noise nuisance coming from a neighbour's home or a local business or manufacturer often the best way to deal with the problem in the first instance is to go to the source. Talk to the person or company responsible and explain the problem.

You may find that it can be resolved amicably and without the recourse to further action. This also has the additional benefit of avoiding the tensions that can arise between the parties involved after formal intervention by the Council.

Please see our noise complaint leaflet [PDF 42KB]  for further information. We also have a written policy on how it will deal with noise complaints. This is a link to our Noise Policy [PDF 70KB].

If you need further information or help, telephone Environmental Health on 0115 9072244 Ext. 3820.