The Erewash Core Strategy (Local Plan) was formally adopted at a meeting of Full Council on Thursday 6th March 2014.
The Core Strategy now forms, alongside all remaining Saved Policies, part of the Development Plan for the Borough and will be used to assess any planning applications that are submitted to the Council.
The following documents are available to view both here, and also at a number of locations around the Borough. Please view the Core Strategy Adoption Statement for a list of locations where hard copies of documents listed below can be found:
- Erewash Core Strategy (Adopted March 2014) [PDF 4.39MB]
- Erewash Core Strategy – Adoption Statement [PDF 81.05KB]
- Erewash Sustainability Appraisal (SA) [PDF 2.83MB]
- Appendices [PDF 2.52MB]
- Erewash Addendum [PDF 1.67MB]
- SA Scoping of Main Modifications [PDF 516.71KB]
- Erewash Sustainability Appraisal / Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Adoption Statement [PDF 35.4KB]
- Inspector's Report [PDF 294.74KB]
- Inspector's Report Appendix (Schedule of Modifications) [PDF 192.61KB]
- Saved Policies Document (2014 revision) [PDF 214.76KB]
- Changes to the Policies Map (to follow in due course)
The Borough Council's 'Erewash Maps' facility presents Development Plan policies from the Adopted Core Strategy and remaining Saved Policies which are expressed in map-form. This service can be accessed here. A paper version of the Policies Map will be available at all locations shown in the Core Strategy Adoption Statement.
The report papers for the Full Council meeting can be found on our website by clicking here.
Prior to adoption, the Core Strategy and its extensive supporting evidence base were subject to extensive examination by an independent planning inspector beginning in November 2012 and lasting until January 2014.
You can view all documents prepared for the examination by clicking here.