10th February 2014
The Planning Inspector issued his final report to Erewash Borough Council on 14 January 2014. The Borough Council is publishing this report today. To view a copy of the report and the appendix, please see below. The Planning Inspector has concluded that subject to the Erewash Core Strategy being amended in accordance with the main modifications set out in the Appendix, the Strategy is sound and meets all legal requirements, including the duty to co-operate.
A report recommending adoption of the Erewash Core Strategy is proposed to be considered at a meeting of full Council on 6 March 2014. If adoption is approved, the Strategy will formally form part of the Borough Council's development plan, against which planning decisions will be made.
- Erewash Core Strategy Inspector's Report [PDF 294.74KB]
- Erewash Core Strategy Inspector's Report Appendix [PDF 192.61KB]
22nd November 2013
The Inspector has now issued an agenda and accompanying Note for the further hearing session due to take place on Wednesday 27 November. These can be viewed below:
Statements were received from the two invited participants and can be viewed below:
- Further Hearing - Westerman (Oxalis) [PDF 317.51KB]
- Further Hearing - Westerman (Oxalis) Appendix A [PDF 191.76KB]
- Further Hearing - Westerman (Oxalis) Appendix B [PDF 337.68KB]
- Further Hearing - Westerman (Oxalis) Appendix C [PDF 267KB]
- Further Hearing - Wheeldon Brothers (Capita) [PDF 25.44KB]
- Further Hearing - Wheeldon Brothers (Capita) Appendix [PDF 35.49KB]
9th October 2013
On 11th September the Inspector again wrote to the Council regarding housing land supply, and they responded on 25th September, including 3 tables for information.
On 9th October the Inspector wrote to the Council to propose holding a further focused hearing session. This will only cover the new information on the housing land supply in the Borough. No other aspects of the Core Strategy or the proposed main modifications will be discussed.
The correspondence between the Inspector and the Council has been added to the Core Document library. Each document can also be viewed below.
- Letter from Inspector to EBC re Main modifications - 11th September 2013 [PDF 99.86KB]
- Response letter from EBC - 25th September 2013 [PDF 108.76KB]
- Table A – SHLAA sites update [PDF 120.84KB]
- Table B – 5 year supply SHLAA 2012 [PDF 251.77KB]
- Table C – 20% buffer sites update [PDF 136.09KB]
- Letter from Inspector to EBC re further hearing session 9th October 2013 [PDF 91.13KB]
4th September 2013
On 6 August the Inspector wrote to the Council regarding the consultation on the Main modifications. He asked them to comment on certain further representations, giving a deadline of 2 September. The Inspector's letter and Council response have been added to the Core Document library.
- Letter from Inspector to Council re Main Modifications (6th August 2013) [PDF 95.79KB]
- Council's Response to Inspector's Letter (16th August 2013) [PDF 99.9KB]
- SHLAA Site Update Table (16th August 2013 [PDF 105.59KB]
27th June 2013
The Borough Council has extended the period in which comments can be made in response to the schedule of Main Modifications to the Erewash Core Strategy which is currently being consulted on. Please note that the closing date for comments is now Monday 29th July 2013.
10th June 2013
Today sees the start of a six-week period of consultation on the Schedule of Main Modifications. These are a series of amendments to the Erewash Core Strategy made by the Planning Inspector as part of the examination process. To view the various consultation documents and to find out further details about this stage visit the Schedule of modifications webpage.
3rd June 2013
The Borough Council has requested that the Inspector present modifications needed to ensure the Plan is both sound and legally compliant.
The Inspector wrote to the Council on 23rd May outlining the next steps for the examination. The Main Modifications proposed by the Council (Issue 6) addressed a number of soundness concerns he had with the Core Strategy, but there were a few areas where he considered further modifications were necessary. He set these out in his letter and in Version 7 of the Schedule of Main Modifications, both of which can be downloaded below.
With the additional main modifications that he is proposing he is satisfied the Council can proceed to public consultation on the Schedule version 7.
- Letter from Inspector to Erewash Borough Council proposing next steps - 23rd May 2013 [PDF 188.88KB]
- Draft schedule of suggested Main Modifications Issue 7 - as amended by Inspector – 22nd May 2013 [PDF 207.39KB]
16th May 2013
The Core Document list has been updated with 5 new examination documents including Issue 6 of the Schedule of proposed Main Modifications.. These can be viewed by clicking on the files in the table on the Documents webpage. The Inspector has now received all further information requested from the Council.
3rd May 2013
The Inspector closed the hearings at 4pm on Thursday 2nd May. He will write to the council shortly with his timescale for the next steps. The examination remains open until he has produced his report, but no further material may be submitted unless directly requested by the Inspector.
The Core Document list has been updated with 3 new examination documents. These can be viewed by clicking on the files in the table on the Documents webpage.
2nd May 2013
An updated agenda has been issued for this afternoon, Matter 10 and can be viewed below. The issues remain the same.
30th April 2013
Hearing agendas have now been issued for Days 5 & 6 and can be viewed below:
- Hearing Agenda - Day 5 (1st May 2013) [PDF 84.66KB]
- Hearing Agenda - Day 6 (2nd May 2013) [PDF 100.34KB]
The Inspector asked the Council to explain the basis for the overall affordable housing target (in the light of threshold and area specific targets in Main Modification 3) and they have produced an explanatory note which can be downloaded below.
29th April 2013
The Hearing Agenda has now been issued for Day 4 and can be viewed below:
The Core Document list has been updated with 8 new examination documents including the latest Schedule of Main Modifications.. These can be viewed by clicking on the files in the table on the Documents webpage.
24th April 2013
The Hearing Agenda has now been issued for Day 3 and can be viewed below:
23rd April 2013
The Core Document list has been updated with 5 new examination documents including a draft Schedule of Main Modifications.. These can be viewed by clicking on the files in the table on the Documents webpage.
19th April 2013
Hearing agendas have now been issued for Days 1 & 2 and can be viewed below:
- Hearing Agenda - Day 1 (23rd April 2013) [PDF 106.35KB]
- Hearing Agenda - Day 2 (24th April 2013) [PDF 115.98KB]
12th April 2013
The Inspector has written to the Council in relation to the interim 2011-based household projections recently published by the DCLG. The letter can be viewed below:
The Inspector wrote to respondents inviting them to comment on the possible implications of the revocation of the Regional Strategy. The deadline for any additional comments was Friday 12 April. These representations can be viewed below:
- Wheeldon Brothers Ltd (Capita Symonds) [PDF KB]
- Aligned Authorities (Broxtowe, Erewash, Gedling and Nottingham City) [PDF KB]
22nd March 2013
Following the revocation of the East Midlands Regional Strategy the Inspector is providing the opportunity for respondents to comment on whether they think it will affect the Core Strategy. Please see documents below:
- Letter from Inspector on Regional Strategy - 22nd March 2013 [PDF 94.25KB]
- Revised Matters Issues and Questions - 22nd March 2013 [PDF 135.97KB]
A piece of evidence which the Council are planning to cite within a response to the Inspectors questions has been accidentally left out of the CD list. This is the Nottingham-Derby Green Belt Review jointly produced in 2006 by Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire County Councils. It will be added to the Core Document list as CD28a and can also be viewed below:
20th March 2013
The Guidance notes have been updated to show a correction to the deadline for statements. This should read Thursday 28 March not Friday. They can be downloaded by clicking on the link below. We apologise for any confusion.
The Inspector and Council have begun a dialogue concerning modifications to the plan. Under Section 20 (7c) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004, the Council have to formally request any recommendations for modifications as may be necessary to make the Core Strategy sound and legally compliant. The letters can be viewed below:
- Letter from the Inspector - 11th March 2013 [PDF 98.47KB]
- Response to Inspector's Letter - 6th March 2013 [PDF 45.81KB]
15th March 2013
The programme has been revised, moving Matter 4 (Travellers) to Day 3 and is available to download by clicking on the link below:
7th March 2013
The programme of hearings has now been issued and is available to download by clicking on the link below:
1st March 2013
The Inspector has now decided to move to hearings. These will commence on Tuesday 23 April 2013 and run over two weeks. Please see the Hearings Information webpage for further details.
The Inspector has written to the Council confirming the hearings, and regarding main modifications.
28th February 2013
The Inspector asked for more information on 15 February and the Council has provided further clarification to the Inspector in the form of briefing notes, and associated documents. These can be viewed below:
- Briefing Note to the Inspector - 15th February 2013 [PDF 95.78KB]
- Joint Planning Advisory Board Minutes - 18th October 2012 [PDF 374.31KB]
- Nottingham City Council Report - 11th February 2013 [PDF 34.75KB]
- Erewash Clarification Letter - 15th February 2013 [PDF 84.37KB]
- Briefing Note to the Inspector - 19th February 2013 [PDF 96.27KB]
- Edge Analytics Report - February 2011 [PDF 401.99 KB]
- Edge Analytics Report - May 2012 [PDF 333.91KB]
- Housing Background Paper Addendum - February 2013 [PDF 473.52KB]
22nd February 2013
In January the Inspector wrote to respondents inviting them to comment on several documents added to the evidence base after the Core Strategy was formally submitted in November 2012.
Four responses were made, and dispensation has been made for one late entry, now added. These representations can be viewed below.
- Natural England Response - Jan 2013 [PDF 70.81KB]
- Highways Agency Response - Jan 2013 [PDF 44.96KB]
- Quarry Hill Action Group Response - Jan 2013 [PDF 87.14KB]
- Tata Steel UK Response - Jan 2013 [PDF 50.01KB]
- Saint-Gobain PAM UK Ltd Response 1 - March 2013 [PDF 638.81KB]
- Saint-Gobain PAM UK Ltd Response 2 - March 2013 [PDF 532.73KB]
7th February 2013
This is the Borough Council's response to the Planning Inspector's clarification letter. This can be downloaded by clicking on the link below:
7th February 2013
This is the Borough Council's response to the Planning Inspector's initial letter on the Stanton Regeneration Site. This can be downloaded by clicking on the link below:
- Response letter 2 - from Erewash Borough Council to the Inspector - Section 6 Stanton Regeneration Site [PDF 52.12KB]
- Response letter 2 - Appendix 1 - Land Ownership Map [PDF 1.61MB]
- Response letter 2 - Appendix 2 - Stanton Regeneration Site Viability Assessment [PDF 1.03MB]
4th February 2013
The Inspector has sent a further letter asking for clarification on certain matters. This can be downloaded by clicking on the link below:
31st January 2013
This is the Borough Council's response to the Planning Inspector's initial letter. This can be downloaded below:
- Response Letter from Erewash Borough Council to the Planning Inspector [PDF 83.52KB]
- Response Letter from Erewash Borough Council - Appendix 1 - 5 [PDF 1.37MB]
29th January 2013
The Inspector has added an addendum to his original letter. The Addendum can be downloaded below:
17th January 2013
The Inspector has written to the Council raising some initial matters and queries . The letter can be downloaded below:
Mr M Moore BA (Hons) MRTPI CMILT MCIHT has been appointed as the independent Inspector to conduct an examination to determine whether the Core Strategy (the Local Plan) is sound. The Inspector will consider the submitted Core Strategy document along with all representations made and supporting evidence, and will hold hearings as part of the Examination in Public (EiP).
The precise date for the opening of any formal hearings will be decided by the Inspector, although they are likely to take place in Spring 2013.