The publication of the Option for Consultation document represented the next stage in the ongoing production of the Council’s Aligned Core Strategy. The document presents a range of draft strategic policies and proposals which will provide a planning framework for future development within Erewash Borough.
Responses received to the Issues and Options stage have helped us to shape the 19 draft policies. The Erewash-specific part of the Issues and Options document (Part B) has not been taken forward into the Option for Consultation document. However, to demonstrate how localised issues affecting Erewash have been addressed within the current document, we have produced a document showing the linkages between representations made to Part B of the Issues and Options document, and where these comments now relate to. Links to this information can be found at the bottom of the page.
Supplementing the Option for Consultation stage is a further version of the Sustainability Appraisal (SA) document. This has thoroughly tested each one of the draft policies against a diverse range of economic, social and environment objectives to ensure each positively contributes to the ongoing need for sustainable development. A consultation regarding the Equality Impact Assessment (Phase 1 Report) has been prepared to support the production of the Erewash Aligned Core Strategy. The report and associated consultation questionnaire can be accessed below.
Consultation on the Option for Consultation began on the 15th February 2010 and finished on Monday 12th April 2010.
A range of engagement events were organised to widely promote this stage of the Core Strategy. You can access a schedule of planned events further down the page.
The Borough Council have produced two summary leaflets to help give a greater understanding of the Core Strategy in general. These can be accessed below. The first leaflet summarises the Option for Consultation document, whilst the second explains the factors that have influenced some of the key decisions taken during the production of draft policies which directly affect future development in Erewash.
- Option for Consultation document [PDF 8259KB]
- Option for Consultation response form [PDF 56KB]
- Sustainability Appraisal - Interim Report 2010 [PDF 1712KB]
- Sustainability Appraisal - representation form [PDF 55KB]
- Erewash Part B - Option for Consultation links [PDF 122KB]
- Option for Consultation Summary Leaflet [PDF 363KB]
- Core Strategy - The Story So Far [PDF 65KB]
- Schedule of Engagement Events Planned in Erewash [PDF 59KB]
- Equality Impact Assessment (Phase 1 Report) - April 2011 [PDF 993KB]
- Equality Impact Assessment Consultation Response Booklet - April 2011 [PDF 245KB]