Erewash Core Strategy Submission Version June 2012
Consultation 28 June – 9 August 2012
Erewash Borough Council has published its strategic development plan, the Erewash Core Strategy, for a 6 week period of consultation, in order to allow residents, businesses and other organisations to make representations on the soundness and legal compliance of the plan, in line with Government legislation.
The Core Strategy sets out the vision and strategy for growth and development in Erewash up to 2028 and includes strategic policies for housing, business, retail, transport and heritage. This version of the Erewash Core Strategy is based on three previous rounds of consultation and extensive evidence, and is considered to be ‘sound’.
The Borough Council is therefore specifically asking whether you think the document is ‘legal’ and ‘sound’ under the terms of the Planning Regulations. The 6 week period for representations ran until 5:00pm on Thursday 9th August.
Following the representation period the Borough Council will summarise the main findings of the representations received, and these representations together with the Core Strategy, will be submitted to the Secretary of State for independent examination. This is due to occur during the autumn later this year. If the Core Strategy is found ‘sound’ at the examination, Erewash Borough Council will be able to adopt it as the formal development plan for the Borough.
The Core Strategy is also supported by a number of documents which provide important evidence helping to inform its production. Some of these are shown below and can be accessed by clicking its title to open. Other evidence documents can be found elsewhere on this site under the heading of ‘Evidence Base’, located in the menu on the right-hand side of this page.
Documents available to view and download:
- Erewash Core Strategy Submission Version [PDF 4240KB]
- Response Form [PDF 43KB]
- Guide to filling in the Response Form [PDF 70KB]
- Information Booklet – A summary of the key aspects of the Core Strategy [PDF 4.3MB]
- Promotional poster for the Erewash Core Strategy Submission Version [PDF 343KB]
- Sustainability Appraisal Report Publication Version [PDF 2.8MB]
- Sustainability Appraisal Report Publication Version – Appendices [PDF 14220KB]
- Sustainability Appraisal Report Publication Version – Erewash Addendum [PDF 1.6MB]
- Equalities Impact Assessment Phase 2 Report [PDF 446KB]
- Equalities Impact Assessment Phase 2 Report – Erewash Addendum [PDF 85KB]
- Combined Habitats Regulation Assessment [PDF 8570KB]
- Statement of Consultation [PDF 4.7MB]
- Proposed Changes to the Policies Map [PDF 4MB]
- Statement of Representation Procedure and Location of Documents for Inspection [PDF 25KB]
- Evidence Base report [PDF 790KB]
The Borough Council encourages those responding to planning documents to consider using its engagement module. Submitting a representation in this way means that you can:
- Read the document and respond on the various parts you are interested in at the same time;
- Save responses as draft so that you can review them before sending in them to us;
- Save and then print your responses as PDF’s to send to others who may be interested in the Erewash Core Strategy;
- Receive email updates to inform you that your responses have been received and are accepted by us.
For more information and to discuss any queries you may have on this matter in more detail, please contact the Planning Policy team at Erewash Borough Council on (0115) 907 2244 ext. 3152, 3153, 3154 or 3158.