My Erewash


You are currently able to access your Council Tax and Housing Benefit/Council Tax Support details online. If you are already registered and have a username and password please select Existing Users Log In below.

If you are using this service for the first time please select Register for Online Services.


Existing Users Log In   Register for Online Services



Do I Need Planning Permission?

Permitted development rights mean than in many cases you can extend or add to your house without having to apply for planning permission.

Visit the Planning Portal website for an interactive guide.

The Planning Portal offers a wide range of services and guidance on the planning system and can answer questions like:

  • Do I need to make an application?
  • How do I make an application?
  • What is the appeal process?

If you are planning work to your home that you believe falls under the limits of permitted development but would like confirmation of this you will need to apply for a Lawful Development Certificate for a proposed use or development.  The form can be found on our website on our Application forms page and is form 1APP 15.  We will also require plans and the fee which is half the fee for a householder application.

If it is determined that planning permission is required you will then need to apply for planning permission.  If you have paid a fee for a Lawful Development Certificate you will only be required to pay the other half of the householder fee.

Please be aware that the work may also require building regulations and you are advised to check with the Building Control team.