My Erewash


You are currently able to access your Council Tax and Housing Benefit/Council Tax Support details online. If you are already registered and have a username and password please select Existing Users Log In below.

If you are using this service for the first time please select Register for Online Services.


Existing Users Log In   Register for Online Services



What is a Conservation Area?

A conservation area is an area of special architectural or historic interest, the character or appearance of which it is desirable to preserve.

Trees often make an important contribution to the appearance of conservation areas and so are given special protection.

The penalties for unauthorised felling or lopping of trees in conservation areas are the same as for trees protected by a TPO.

You must give the borough council 6 weeks notice, using form 1APP 31 [PDF 236KB], of your intention to do any work to trees in a Conservation Area. You must not carry out any work during the six week period, which starts from the date of receipt of your notification by the council, unless you receive written permission to do so.