The Council’s priorities have been informed by extensive consultation both externally and internally and are set within the context of reducing government settlements and increased requests for services.
As part of the budget setting process in February 2015 we sent a survey to the council’s Citizens Panel (a sample size of 2089). 735 responses were received a response rate of 35%. This provides the council with a high level of confidence in the data received.
This knowledge of our communities and their needs has informed our priorities for the next few years:
- A clean, safe and welcoming borough
- Improved access to services
- Delivering the efficient and effective services that residents need
- Creating opportunities for economic growth and prosperity
- A well run efficient council
Strategic Directorate Service Plans
The Strategic Directorate Service Plans are yearly plans linked to the Corporate Plan which consider all elements of the Directorates' financial performance, service performance, objectives and actions. They highlight the resources required to deliver the improvements to our services and actions required to meet the aims of the Corporate Plan.
Each service within the Directorate has its own Service Action Plans. The outcomes from within these Service Action Plans are supported by annual Employee Performance and Development Reviews, which detail how an individual contributes to the service’s objectives and actions and therefore supports delivery of the Council’s Corporate Plan.
Community Services Directorate Plans
- Communications and Culture Service Plan 2016/17 [PDF 134KB]
- Community Safety Service Plan 2016/17 [PDF 134KB]
- Neighbourhood Warden Service Plan 2016/17 [PDF 109KB]
- Performance and Community Service Plan 2016/17 [PDF 148KB]
Operational Services Directorate Plans
- Environment and Housing Service Plan 2016/17 [PDF 197KB]
- Green Space and Street Scene Service Plan 2016/17 [PDF 144KB]
- Sport and Leisure Service Plan 2016/17 [PDF 163KB]
Resources Directorate Plans