My Erewash


You are currently able to access your Council Tax and Housing Benefit/Council Tax Support details online. If you are already registered and have a username and password please select Existing Users Log In below.

If you are using this service for the first time please select Register for Online Services.


Existing Users Log In   Register for Online Services



Environmental Information Regulations 2004

The Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) contain many of the principles of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

However they contain specific rights giving people access to a wide range of information affecting the Environment. If the information you seek relates to Environmental issues then your request will be handled under EIR.

The definition of environmental information is very broad and includes information on:

  • the state of elements of the environment (such as air, water, soil, land, landscape and natural sites, flora and fauna, including cattle, crops, GMO’s, wildlife and biological diversity) and interaction between them
  • the state of human health and safety, conditions of human life, the food chain, cultural sites and built structures in as much as they are or may be affected by the state of the elements of the environment and interaction between them
  • substances, energy, noise, radiation or waste affecting or likely to affect the state of the elements of the environment and interaction between them
  • measures (including administrative measures, policies, legislation, plans, programmes and environmental agreements) and activities affecting or likely to affect, or intended to protect the state of elements of the environment and the interaction between them
  • emissions discharges and other releases into the environment
  • cost benefit and other economic analysis used in environmental decision making

Under EIR a request can be verbal or written, electronic or hardcopy.

Full details on the Environmental Information Regulations are available at Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs [external link] or Information Commissioner’s Office [external link].