Ilkeston and Long Eaton Town Halls

The council's receptions are currently closed. More information can be found on our latest news page.

Local Restrictions Support Grants

All information relating to Local Restrictions Support Grants for businessess can be found on our Covid Grants page.

If you have symptoms

If you or someone in your household has coronavirus symptoms, stay at home and begin to self-isolate for 10 days from when your symptoms start. Arrange to have a test for COVID-19 if you have not already had one. The result of the test will determine how long you must stay at home and self-isolate.

If you are contacted by the NHS Test and Trace service either because you have tested positive or you have been identified as being in contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus, you are now required by law to self-isolate. Failure to comply with these requirements, including employers who do not allow employees to self-isolate, may result in a fine of at least £1,000 and up to £10,000 for repeated or serious offences. More information on this can be found at (opens in a new window).

Anyone can catch coronavirus, and anyone can spread it. We all have a crucial part to play in keeping the number of new infections down and protecting our loved ones. The latest advice surrounding Covid 19 can be found on the Government's website which also includes the latest guidance on shielding. 

Self-Isolation Payments

From 28 September 2020, eligible individuals are entitled to a Self-Isolation payment or discretionary support payment of £500. This is to support people on low incomes who are unable to work from home if they are told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace and will lose income as a result.

The scheme will last until 31 March 2021. 

You may be entitled to a Self-Isolation payment of £500 if you:

  • Have been told to stay at home and self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, either because you have tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive; and
  • Are employed or self-employed; and
  • Are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result; and
  • Are in receipt of one of the following benefits*:
    • Universal Credit
    • Working Tax Credit
    • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
    • Housing Benefit
    • Income Support
    • Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
    • Pension Credit

 *You may be entitled to a discretionary £500 lump sum self-isolation payment if you meet the main qualifying criteria for the Self-Isolation payment but are not in receipt of one the above qualifying benefits. Eligibility for a £500 discretionary payment is restricted to individuals who:

  • Are not currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit; but
  • Are in receipt of Council Tax Support (CTS); or
  • Have claimed one of the qualifying benefits but not yet had a decision - the claim must have been made before the start of the self-isolation period; or
  • Did receive CTS or one of the qualifying benefits in the last two months.

For more information on discretionary payments visit our Discretionary Self-Isolation Payment Scheme page.

Applications for the payment can be made by logging in or registering for a My Erewash account (opens in a new window)You must apply within 14 days of your isolation end date to be considered for the payment.

For more information on Self-Isolation Payments visit our Self-Isolation Privacy Notice page.

Working from home because of coronavirus?

You may be able to claim tax relief for additional household costs if you have to work at home on a regular basis, either for all or part of the week. This includes if you have to work from home because of coronavirus (COVID-19). Check if you can claim tax relief (opens in a new window)

You cannot claim tax relief if you choose to work from home.

Additional costs include things like heating, metered water bills, home contents insurance, business calls or a new broadband connection. They do not include costs that would stay the same whether you were working at home or in an office, such as mortgage interest, rent or council tax.