Home Repair Assistance Grants

The Housing Renewal Team deals with various forms of financial assistance relating to owner occupied, private rented and empty properties.

Financial assistance is awarded at the Council's discretion and is subject to budget constraints and certain qualifying criteria and conditions.

What financial assistance is available?

Unfortunately due to financial restraints, the Council is unable to proceed with any enquiry for housing grant assistance at this time. Whilst the Council is continually looking for alternative sources of funding, the likelihood is that further financial constraints will be imposed during the next financial year and therefore we are unable to confirm when or if funding will be available in the near future.

If you are a home owner aged 60 or over, you may be able to receive assistance through the Council's Home Improvement Agency provider Metropolitan Care & Repair, who give help and advice on repairs or improvements. Please see contact details below.

Housing Renewal Policy

The provision of Housing Assistance will ensure that repairs and/or improvements actioned under our Policy contribute to increasing the number of private properties that meet the Decent Homes Standard.

All Home Repair Assistance Grants are administered on behalf of us by a Home Improvement Agency.

Contact details

Unit 16
Masons Place Business Park
Nottingham Rd
DE21 6YZ
Tel: 0845 8508013


All other grant enquiries should be made with the Housing Renewal Team.  Please note Merlin House is not a public building and there are no facilities to receive the public there.

Tel: 0115 931 6060

Erewash Borough Council

Erewash Borough Council, Town Hall, Wharncliffe Road, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 5RP
0115 907 2244
DC Employer