The final round of 2018/19 closed in December 2018. Applications have been assessed and all applicants have been notified of the award panel's decision.
Subject to the approval of the 2019/20 EBC Budget, details of further funding rounds in this financial year will be published here.
Erewash Borough Council's Community Grant Scheme gives both large and small voluntary organisations the chance to apply for funding of up to £2,000 for projects and services that benefit Erewash residents. The Council has continued its support for voluntary organisations and has again made funding available to help as many groups as possible.
The Community Grants programme offers the chance for organisations and groups to apply for a grant of up to £2,000, subject to eligibility, for innovative projects that help and support residents in the borough and the council is particularly keen to hear about new or ground-breaking projects that could be helped by the money.
Applicants are encouraged to read the scheme Help Notes to ensure the prerequisite documentation is included with their application in order for it to be processed - incomplete applications will not be passed for consideration by the Awards Panel.
Applications must also contain detailed information including:
• What specifically the funding is being requested for, including how has the need been identified;
• How exactly will the funding be used;
• What the benefits will be to Erewash residents and the council as a result of an award being made;
• What evaluation methods will organisations be using, including how and when.
Applicants are respectfully reminded:
• They must provide the prerequisite documentation to permit their application to be processed;
• Their application must contain detailed explanations of exactly why and what the funding is being requested for and how it will be used.
Once your application is received it is considered final so please ensure that it is completed fully.
Every application received is considered on its own merit alongside all other applications and is subject to a two stage assessment process. Firstly, applications are scored and must meet the minimum threshold of 40% in order for them to progress to the second stage, consideration by the Awards Panel.
The Awards Panel do not use prior knowledge of your organisation or your project so it is essential that you complete the application form as fully as possible.
All applicants will be notified of the Awards Panel decision, which is final, and there is no appeal process.
Future Funding Rounds
Subject to the approval of the 2019/20 EBC Budget, details of further funding rounds in 2019 will be published here.
Further information and advice
For all enquiries regarding the Community Grant Scheme please contact the council's Community Engagement Officer on 0115 907 2244 ext. 3575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an Arts Organisation you can apply for a grant of up to a maximum of £800, subject to availability, at any time of the year.
Please contact the Arts Development Team via email email@example.com or telephone ext. 0115 907 2244 ext. 4604 for advice on arts based activities and to check the availability of funding.
Support for local groups and Community Sport Providers
Erewash Borough Council Sport and Health Development Team strive to support local community groups and clubs in a variety of ways. We appreciate grant funding is a challenge for most groups and we are committed to supporting groups in this area. As a service we don’t have funds to support clubs directly but we can offer the following:
- Regular updates on local, regional and national funding opportunities;
- Dedicated staff to support groups with funding applications;
- Networking opportunities, promoting shared resources;
- Information regarding local and national campaigns that groups can take advantage of;
- Support in accessing relevant training for staff and volunteers.
For more information please contact Kevin Hatton, Sport and Physical Activity Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0115 907 2244 ext. 3961.