The Ilkeston winter shelter opened on Christmas Day and will remain open until the end of February.
- The shelter offers direct access for both men and women and is based at St John’s Church, Nottingham Road, Ilkeston.
- There are 12 beds operating on a first come, first served basis. Doors open at 9.30pm
- Pets are allowed but they must be kept in pet carriers at the side of the bed
- No drugs or alcohol are allowed in the shelter
- Telephone: 07702 499 976 email: email@example.com
The night shelter is not directly connected to the council and is a local community initiative hosted by the church.
Local people can access the night shelter at Derby as well. The night shelter in Derby is open from 1 December to 31 March.
The council has a Severe Weather Emergency Protocol in place. In the event that the weather is anticipated to be severe for three consecutive nights, the council will offer temporary accommodation to anyone sleeping rough.
The council’s neighbourhood wardens can assist rough sleepers during this period including help and advice to get them to shelter.
Outside of normal office hours please call 01629 533078 if you are homeless.
Reporting rough sleepers
If you've seen someone sleeping rough, we can help. We will make every attempt to work with rough sleepers in the area to help resolve their housing situation. Any member of the public who is concerned that someone may be sleeping rough can make a referral to the Council by visiting streetlink or by calling 0300 500 0914. Where possible we will update you with the action we have taken following your referral.
During normal office hours, people who think that they are threatened with homelessness or homeless are encouraged to call the Housing Options Team on 0115 907 2244 x3590 or email them on firstname.lastname@example.org