Streets that have been missed for collections will be updated here. If your street is not listed please fill in a missed bin form via your My Erewash account.
Thursday 30 July: Cornwallis Close Long Eaton Black bins missed from number 25 onwards - property access problems. Also, 627-637 Tamworth Road, Long Eaton, Black bins.
Friday 31 July: 13 to 45 Birchwood Avenue, Long Eaton. No access due to parked vehicles.
Monday 4 August: The whole of New Terrace and Moores Avenue, Sandiacre missed due to parked cars.
Please leave your bins out and crews will return as soon as they can.
Do not report that your bin has been missed until after 2pm on the date of collection, in case the crew return. You have until 24 hours after the day of collection to report a missed bin. We do try to return within two working days of you reporting your bin has been missed. If we have not collected your bin after the third day, please contact us for an update.
Before completing the form please note that the crews who collect the waste in your area record the details of why bins are not collected.
If they have recorded that your bin was:
- not presented for 7 am
- not presented at the edge of the property closest to the collection point
- too heavy for the lifting mechanism on the freighter
- contaminated by something that should not have been in the bin
- compacted so that gravity did not allow the contents to empty when placed on the lifts.
We will not return to empty the bin.
- In the case of a heavy bin, items need to be removed and presented for the next collection as side waste cannot be taken.
- In the case of a contaminated bin, the items need to be removed and disposed of properly and the bin placed out for the next collection.
- In the case of a compacted bin, items need to be loosened and the bin presented for the next collection.
We do not take side waste so please do not ask us to return if extra garden and household waste left by your bin has not been collected. Please put these items in your bin when it has been emptied next time.