Have you just moved to Erewash? Information is here about refuse collection, recycling, council tax and our leisure services.

Your fortnightly bin collection

If you have just moved in to an existing property or a new build it should have a black bin for your household waste and a brown bin for your garden waste. If it does not, you may need to speak to the property estate company or your landlord as every house should have these bins left at the property when residents move house. 

If a bin has been lost or stolen residents will have to pay £12.60 for a replacement of either bin.

Find out when your bin collection day is. Then use the calendar to identify which collection (colour bin) is specific to each week.

Recycling in Erewash

The council will provide green bags for your recycling free of charge. 25,000 residents have chosen to buy a blue bin from the council. Please note that if you present a blue bin that was not purchased from us crews are instructed not to empty it. Click here for more information about recycling or purchasing a blue bin.

The Borough of Erewash is split into two zones which makes it easier for you and us to determine when you need to place either your black or brown bin and recycling out:

 The North Area Zone is  The South Area zone is
  • Breadsall
  • Cotmanhay
  • Dale Abbey
  • Kirk Hallam
  • Ilkeston, including Hallam Fields
  • Little Eaton
  • Morley
  • Ockbrook
  • Stanley & Stanley Common
  • Stanton by Dale
  • West Hallam
  • Borrowash
  • Breaston
  • Draycott
  • Long Eaton
  • Risley
  • Sandiacre
  • Sawley

Council Tax

Tell us about a change of address, so that we can update your Council Tax:

Once you have told us about moving into a property, we will send you details of the amount to pay and when the first instalment is due, as soon as practicable.  Once the amount due has been calculated we will use the remaining instalments for that year to calculate how much to pay each month.  If the amount is not manageable, please contact us, as we also offer other alternative payment methods, including the most convenient and secure one, which is Direct Debit.

Register for My Erewash. Once you are registered at an address you can access your Council Tax or Housing Benefit account via a single log-in.

If you live in a property on your own you may qualify for Single Person's Discount.  For more information about Council Tax, how to pay, claim Council Tax Support or an exemption click here.

Leisure services 

The council has leisure facilities at Rutland Sports Park and Victoria Park Leisure Centre in Ilkeston, West Park Leisure Centre in Long Eaton and at Friesland Leisure Centre in Sandiacre

Click here to find out more information about our memberships, activities or events at the Erewash Museum in Ilkeston.

Erewash Borough Council

Erewash Borough Council, Town Hall, Wharncliffe Road, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 5RP
0115 907 2244
DC Employer