Some advice on what to do if you find yourself homeless this winter.
The Ilkeston winter shelter will be opening on Christmas Day until the end of February
- The shelter is direct access for both men and women and is based at St John’s Church, Nottingham Road, Ilkeston.
- There are 12 beds operating on a first come, first served basis.
- Doors open at 9.30pm.
- Pets are allowed but they must be kept in pet carriers at the side of the bed.
- No drugs or alcohol are allowed in the shelter.
- Telephone: 07702 499 976 email: email@example.com
The night shelter is not directly connected to the Council and is a local community initiative hosted by the church.
Local people can access the night shelter at Derby as well. The night shelter in Derby is open from 1 December to 31 March and is the only local night shelter available in the area before Christmas Day.
The Council has a Severe Weather Emergency Protocol in place. In the event that the weather is anticipated to be severe for three consecutive nights the council will offer anyone sleeping rough temporary accommodation.
The Council’s neighbourhood wardens can assist rough sleepers during this period including help and advice to get them to shelter.
Outside of normal office hours and when the Council’s offices are closed for Christmas, please call 01629 533078 if you are homeless.
During normal office hours, people who think that they are threatened with homelessness or homeless are encouraged to call the Housing Options Team on 0115 907 2244 x3590 or email them on firstname.lastname@example.org