The Rural Community Grant scheme
Erewash Borough Council's 2015-2019 Rural Community Grants Scheme has planned funding totalling £250,000 and is designed to help to meet costs of new capital projects which will benefit the community, bringing local people together and improving neighbourhood engagement.
This can include (but is not restricted to) funding for buildings, equipment, regeneration projects and improvements to open spaces or any other capital scheme that will improve the lives for local communities.
How do I apply and how much can I apply for? - Scheme currently closed
£62,500 will be made available during each financial year and the dates when funding rounds are open to receive applications will be publicised and circulated to Parish Council Clerks.
All Erewash Borough Parish Councils can apply for a grant and to ensure that the funds are spread across the Borough initially only one bid per parished area will be granted. If insufficient bids come forward or funds remain unallocated then Members can reserve the right to support more than one application from the same Parish Council. This would be facilitated by advertising further funding rounds later in the financial year.
There is no upper or lower limit to the value of applications. Larger bids will however need to show more information in regards to the projects need, costs and community impact.
All projects must show a clear need which has been identified by local residents, and must be completed within 1 year of being awarded funding. Although it is not a requirement, the Council asks that applicants show if consideration has been given to attracting any additional funding that might be required to complete the project (large scale projects only).
- Applications for projects which are Parish Council core business such as current or future planned maintenance and refurbishment of existing equipment will not be considered.
- The funding scheme has been identified for new and innovative projects which meet the Council's current Corporate Priorities.
- Funds will be made as a 'one-off' grant and therefore sustainability of projects is essential. Additional funds such as for future maintenance will not be awarded.
- Local organisations and community groups are invited to help parish councils to identify suitable projects which can show a clear need by residents and will deliver benefits to communities. Similarly, organisations and groups are also actively encouraged to be directly involved in the delivery and management of any successful projects put forward.
- Subject to receiving formal approval from the relevant parish council, local organisations and community groups can apply for a grant.
More information is available on the application process in the following document:
For further information about the scheme please contact the council's Community Engagement Officer via EBCsmallgrants@erewash.gov.uk or 0115 907 2244 ext. 3575.