Eligible business in Erewash affected by coronavirus can apply for a discretionary grant.
The Government is making additional funding available to allow us to further support small businesses. This money is in addition to the Small Business Grants Funds and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grants Fund announced last month.
We appreciate the extremely difficult position that businesses find themselves in and the Council is committed to distributing this new grant funding in as fair a way as possible.
In line with government guidance, Erewash Borough Council’s priority is to assist in protecting jobs at those businesses which have suffered losses as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In order for your business to qualify for the grant, you must provide evidence that you meet all of the following criteria. Your business must:
• Have been trading on 11 March 2020.
• Be small, with no more than 50 employees.
• Have relatively high ongoing fixed property and related costs.
• Be able to demonstrate that the business has had a significant drop of income due to Coronavirus restriction measures. Businesses unable to demonstrate a reduction in income of 20% or more due to the COVID-19 crisis will not be eligible to apply.
Prioritised for these types of business
Initially the focus will be on those businesses that fall within the priority areas set out in the Government guidance and meet the eligibility criteria and evidence requirements set out above. Businesses falling within the following categories will be proritised:
• Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces. Examples could include businesses in mills, units in industrial parks, science parks and incubators which do not have their own business rates assessment.
• Regular market traders with fixed building costs, such as rent, who do not have their own business rates assessment.
• Bed & Breakfasts which pay Council Tax instead of business rates.
• Charity properties in receipt of charitable business rates relief which would otherwise have been eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief.
The Council will however also consider applications from any other business that can demonstrate that they have suffered a significant fall in income due to the COVID-19 crisis and can demonstrate significant ongoing property and related costs.
Businesses which are eligible for the other central government COVID-19 related schemes, regardless of whether they have applied, will be ineligible for this grant. However, businesses who have applied for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme are eligible to apply for this scheme. Businesses who are eligible for the Self-Employed Income support scheme are also eligible to apply for this scheme.
The closing date for applications is Monday 22 June 2020.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries regarding the scheme.